I can’t believe this day is finally here! A Touch of Gold, my young adult book about the cursed daughter of King Midas, is finally available in stores starting Tuesday, August 14th…although I’ve heard it’s already on shelves in most Barnes & Nobles!
It’s taken 8 years from when I started writing the book to reach this point. So many people helped me along the way, and I can’t thank them enough. This truly is a dream come true.
In hopes of continuing that dream, I have a few favors to ask.
First week sales are really important not just because they help me make bestseller lists but because they effect my rank on Amazon, and a lot of smaller booksellers look at Amazon rankings to decide if they want to carry the book. There are lots of ways you can help with my sales ranking. The first and best way is to buy the book!
- You can order the book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or your local bookstore.
- You can also call your local bookstore and ask if they’ll be carrying A Touch of Gold.
- You can also request your local library branch carry A Touch of Gold.
The next best thing you can do is to review the book on:
You may have to wait until Tuesday to review it on Amazon, but that is the platform where reviews are most needed because once an author reaches 50 reviews, certain algorithms kick in to help boost the book’s visibility on the site. You also don’t even have to have read the book or have bought it from Amazon to leave a review. Something simple like, “It’s a great book,” counts!
Additionally, just getting the word out there about the book will help tremendously too.
- You can tell any teachers that you know. Ask them to buy a copy for their school library or ask them to tell their students about it.
- You can continue to spread the news on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Studies show it takes someone seeing something 8 times before they’ll stop and actually investigate what the product is.
Thank you again for following me on this journey. I couldn’t have done it without you, and with your continued support, I hope to share many more books with you in the future!